About the JAMMIN! Drum School
The JAMMIN! Drum School is dedicated to:
- Researching, documenting and accurately preserving traditional rhythms.
- Presenting these rhythms in the BeatBox Notation for the greatest ease of education, always with relevant and accurate cultural information; and making this information available as widely as possible.
- Working to return music into the educational system as much as possible.
- Providing analysis of the principles of construction of the various styles of orchestration of world polyrhythmic percussion music to understand and then apply the community-building powers of these traditions.
- Researching and comprehending both the scientific research on, and traditional approaches to, healing with the drum and rhythm; and providing these possibilities to as many populations as possible.